Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
This Is the Beginning, It's Just Begun
Amphetamine (Dexedrine) & Quetiapine (Seroquel)
by folodaleada
Citation:   folodaleada. "This Is the Beginning, It's Just Begun: An Experience with Amphetamine (Dexedrine) & Quetiapine (Seroquel) (exp24140)". Erowid.org. Mar 24, 2006. erowid.org/exp/24140

oral Pharms - Quetiapine (daily)
    oral Amphetamines

Iíve been seeing a psychiatrist for paranoia and recovering from a drug induced psychosis for a while now, I just recently came off anti-depressents but Iím still taking 100mg of Seroquel- an anti-psychotic which has helped me loads to think clearly again.

Now my doctor is obsessed with helping me lose weight, he thinks Iím gorgeous and if I was slimmer I'd be stunning- I wasnt even bothered that much before but now heís prescribed me Dexedrine (5mg spansules - long acting). Speed. When he knows I have a history of drug abuse and drug related paranoia.

I dont know whether to big him up or diss him! On the one hand (Iíve only been taking it properly for 2 days, on and off for 2 wks):

-I feel really calm, guess Iím kind of euphoric, happy and confident.

- Iíve already lost a bit of weight.

- I like this feeling and I cant believe Iíve be prescribed speed - drugs for free that cant be bad.....

BUT on the other hand

-Iíve already started upping the dose jus a little and taking it throughout the day instead of in the morning

-Sometimes I feel good and happy but sometimes I feel a bit down, nervous, tearful, cold hands but I like that and I start getting an anxious feeling in my chest- this is when I want to take some more

-I either feel focussed or spaced, like theres cotton in my head.

It is a VERY addictive drug. Iíve never felt this way bout a drug before. Yea I hate running out of coke if Iíve got it but I get over it, sleep it off. I think Iím a bit alcohol dependent and I have itched to get more alcohol before but I dont drink all day and I wouldnt dream of it. This however...I think I have opened Pandora's box. And I know whats in there, more speed.

All I gotta say is make sure youg know what youíre bein prescribed and think carefully about whether you really wanna take it. Dexedrine is great, it feels good but I have to be able to control it. Guess Iíll soon find out if I can or not.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 24140
Published: Mar 24, 2006Views: 11,647
Amphetamines (6) : General (1), Not Applicable (38)