Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
One Heck of a Seizure
DXM with CPM & Drug Testing
by Cough and Cold
Citation:   Cough and Cold. "One Heck of a Seizure: An Experience with DXM with CPM & Drug Testing (exp24077)". Erowid.org. Nov 30, 2007. erowid.org/exp/24077

16 tablets oral DXM (pill / tablet)

[Erowid Note: Most Coricidin contains CPM (Chlorpheniramine Maleate) which can be dangerous in high doses. See DXM Brand Warnings for more info.]

First off I would just like to say, I love coricidin, I have never had a bad trip on it and I would just take somewhere between 8 and 16 pills at one time and four hours later I was in drugged up bliss. Thing is, this stuff can kill you. I found this out the bad way, the really bad way. I had a warrant out for skipping a traffic ticket, it was a stupid thing to do, pay your tickets! Anyway one night while out on some coricidin and looking for more I got caught by the police and was arrested till I payed my ticket, not really a big deal. Only thing was that while I was in the cop car I had a seizure which I later found out was caused by another active ingredient in coricidin.

Not only that but DXM sometimes shows up as PCP in drug test and it did for me when the police gave me a drug test at the hospital. Everything is ok now but that was a really sticky situation.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 24077
Published: Nov 30, 2007Views: 17,341
DXM (22), Chlorpheniramine Maleate (164), Drug Testing (59) : General (1), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Unknown Context (20)