Erowid provides information about psychoactive drugs to
educate, reduce harms, and support policy improvements.
Amphetamines (Adderall)
by Nostradamus
Citation:   Nostradamus. "Concentration: An Experience with Amphetamines (Adderall) (exp24036)". Mar 7, 2007.

T+ 0:00
85 mg oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 45 mg oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 50 mg oral Amphetamines (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 25 mg insufflated Amphetamines (pill / tablet)


I have only two experiences with Adderall and I would like share them with you. The only drugs I have done before this were: DXM, Benadryl [Not Recommended], Codeine, Weed, and Psuedoephidrine [Harmful to Health--DONT TRY IT] and Ecstacy. I also think that I have a high natural tolerance to drugs, because I didn't get high the first six or seven times I smoked weed, and it just takes a lot to get me high. Some people could be in another world on Adderall at 30 mg, but that is definitely not enough to get me flying.

My First Experience: began at 11:00 p.m. on a Sunday Night.

t+0:00- I took 17 pills of Adderall [5 mg each]. I put on some music [Techno] and decided to relax for a little while.

t+0:30- I thought that it should work in a half an hour, but I was sure that I wasn't, so I took some more. 9 more. For a Grand Total of 130 mg.

[Erowid Note: The dose described in this report is very high, potentially beyond Erowid's 'heavy' range, and could pose serious health risks or result in unwanted, extreme effects. Sometimes extremely high doses reported are errors rather than actual doses used.]

t+1:00- I was getting annoyed at this point, yelling at myself [in my head] becuase I couldn't get high off of anything, but in fact I really was coming up to my high. I was getting bored, so I was gunna wait a while longer and find something to do. So, I decided to write a letter to my best friend D, The letter started off really deep, and I was thanking her for being there for me. But then I loosened up, and the Adderall began to take major effects on me.

t+2:00- I still didn't think I was high [I was], but I was still writing too. I was pouring my feelings out onto this paper as if it was the end of the world or something. So many things were floating through my mind that I wanted to tell D. So many that I had to start a new sheet of paper to write down things that I wanted to talk about later on.

t+4:00- I totally forgot that I had taken anything at this point, and this is when I began peaking. My vision was telling me that I was writing on the paper, but in my mind I thought that I was in the room with D and I was having this meaningful, deep conversation with her. It was really nice and pleasant. The letter/convo was all that mattered that night.

t+5:00-7:00- I keep on writing to D and the more I write the stranger and more random the writing is. Now when I read what I wrote, some of it seems crazy and some of it is truthful. My legs had gone numb from barely moving them and I had the worst cotton mouth. I didn't want to break from writing the letter to get a drink though, but I did because it was getting hard to swallow.

t+7:00- I finished writing the letter to D, 36 pages long. But since I thought that she was in the room with me and she read the letter already. Then I was 'flipping out' [in my head again, this time on and off] and thinking that she was never going to talk to me again because she said that I was stupid and gave me a dirty look when she read the letter.

t+7:15- This is the moment that I realized that I was high. I was thinking how I was coming down from the high now, when I was about to exit my peak. I really wasn't coming down, I had just convinced myself that I was.

t+7:30- I was writing in Spanish to myself on a piece of paper. The paper said, 'This is a very dangerous place to be writing in a notebook, DON'T YA THINK?!' One of the oddest things I've ever done.

t+7:45- I remembered that I had to do my Biology homework [Junior in High School] which was due in an hour. We had to write around 10 definitions, and this was the fastest I had ever done homework. I copied them from the book in 3 mins.

t+8:05- I had to pretend I was sleeping, It was very hard to shut my eyes and not move them around while my eyelids were closed. This is when my heart started racing. It was going at over 100 bpm even though I was laying in my bed. My dad came in and 'woke me up'. I had to act very groggy.

t+8:45- 1st period was pure hell. My teacher already called my dad on another occasion, and asked him if I took meds in the morning and said that was acting weird. I had to act normal. It was very hard. Halfway through class, I realized that I was shaking, and then I had to present to the class on a project. I was so scared, but I survived and she didn't notice anything. NOTHING was funny at all that day I had to force myself to laugh in order to look normal.

t+12:00- I had the final comedown and I didn't eat much the rest of the day. I did drink plenty of fluids though. My comedown wasn't as bad as other peoples' but it didn't feel that great either.

Second Experience: was at 9 p.m. I was staying with my grandma at the time because my parents were in the Virgin Islands.

t+0:00- I took 10 pills [5 mg each] orally and snorted 5 pills [5 mg each]. This method worked better than the other method of downing 26 at a time.

t+0:30: My grandma didn't notice anything, but at 9:30 I was rushing around the house cleaning everything and tidying things up. Let me remind you that I would never EVER do that if I was sober. I thought everything had to be perfect before we went to bed. All the blinds had to be closed, papers being straightened on the table, blankets not being messy, etc. It was fun though. I put Granny to bed and I went downstairs and called my friends.

t+1:00- It was Me, D, and two other friends on the phone. D and my two other friends got into a fight on the phone and they hung up on us. So D and I just stayed on the phone.

t+1:00-7:37- I was on the phone with D and we had a very deep emotional conversation about our lives and past and other people. I couldn't stop talking. Everytime D said something I wanted to interrupt her and start talking about myself again. I was feeling great then, I thought that the way my parents decorated the room was brilliant. The couches were incredibly comfortable and D was such a nice person.

My legs were urging me to get up and run around, but my brain was so concentrated on talking on the phone. My bladder is the only thing that convinced me to get up, and my urge to fix the curtains because they were crooked. I peed an awful lot, like every 35 mins. I didn't mind though. I didn't want to eat or drink, but I drank Coke because I needed to stay hydrated.

D was tired and she wasn't high so, I was forced to get off the fone even though I didn't want to. Once D got off the fone with me, I felt very alone and I missed her. It was 4:37 in the morning and I couldn't sleep, eat, or I didn't want to watch TV. So I went upstairs and went on the computer. I played some games, but it didn't compare to talking on the fone or writing that note. On Speed, once I start one thing and I like it, there is nothing better than that thing, ever.

t+8:00 I went on the computer, which was okay, but not a great experience like the phone.

t+9:00- I was on the computer and I convinced myself that I was coming down finally. I went into my room and laid down. My legs were tired and they felt like they just walked around the block a few times. I remembered that I wrote a note to D a few nites ago and I wanted to read it. I'm still scared because I think my parents found it, but that's another story. I was frantically searching for it, but I found something better: MORE ADDERALL! It may be only 1 pill but I was happy about it. So I crushed it up and snorted it. It didn't work too well because of my dry mouth, but I managed.

t+10:00- I was pretending to sleep because my grandma was gunna 'wake me up' and I actually fell asleep for 20 mins. I think I just passed out or something. But that 20 mins. reenergized me and so did that adderall, so I wouldn't fall asleep for the rest of the day.

t+13:00- I still felt a little odd, but I was on the way to my usual self.

In conclusion, maybe it is something that I did or where or when I did it, but compared to other people's comedown's mine aren't that bad. They consist of maybe a slight stomach ache [fixed by Advil], head and brain are exhausted but my body is still awake and ready to go. Adderall is a great drug, and it seems easy to get hooked on, but I think I can restrain myself.

The sense-of-well-beingness was nice, and the energy is ignorable, but the concentration is the best. One thing I don't understand is my fake comedown's, I think the trip is over, when it really isn't. That could start to be a problem. If I ever really needs to get something done, such as a term paper, I'd take around 70 mg of adderall, lock myself in a room that has everything I need in it, and not too many distractions.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 24036
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Mar 7, 2007Views: 17,999
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Amphetamines (6) : General (1), First Times (2), Hangover / Days After (46), Retrospective / Summary (11), Alone (16)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults