Study Helper
Coffee (Instant)
by Emerson
Citation:   Emerson. "Study Helper: An Experience with Coffee (Instant) (exp23572)". Erowid.org. Dec 19, 2007. erowid.org/exp/23572

repeated oral Coffee (liquid)

Yes, caffeine is a great study helper. I've heard some colleagues complain it harms their ability to concentrate, but on me it seems to act like a focus booster. When I have busy exam weeks, I'll take large doses at 7 am before going to college and before lunch.

The only side effects I experience while it's still on is a very dry nose and a strong diuretic effect - controllable, though. I have to go to the bathroom every hour or so. It's also a great occasion to wet my nose.

After it runs off, I experience considerable muscle pain on my shoulders. It usually goes away with sleeping.

The most important thing not to have nightmarish experiences is not doing it constantly for a long period of time. If you have a caffeine-heavy week, let it run off and sleep during the weekend. Don't accumulate sleep debt: it's a major cause (if not _the_ major cause) of caffeine 'addiction'.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 23572
Published: Dec 19, 2007Views: 6,700
Coffee (173), Caffeine (11) : Retrospective / Summary (11), School (35)