Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
How I Dosed Myself without Knowing It
5-MeO-AMT
by zippoz
Citation:   zippoz. "How I Dosed Myself without Knowing It: An Experience with 5-MeO-AMT (exp22895)". Erowid.org. Apr 14, 2003. erowid.org/exp/22895

5-MeO-AMT (powder / crystals)

Last night I found out 5-meo-amt is an extremely potent drug. after recieving 300mg in the mail I proceded to dissolve it onto 30 mg of 190 proof alcahol. Then on three sugar cubes I placed 6 drops (~2.5 mg 5-meo-amt). I was not planning on taking this substance last night, due to the fact I was the The Driver. I gave one to my friend, (who reported good results) and kept 2 with me in the event anyone else wanted some. Driving up to the rave I began to notice visual distortions, tiredness, and a lack of memory. When we stopped for some food I went to the bathroom to check my pupils and sure enough they were dilated.

The only possible conclusion i can draw is that the 5-meo-amt was inhaled by accident while prepairing the solution, or the 3 drops I got on my hand absorbed into my body, although it is quite possible that both hapened. Had this been a larger dose i very well may have crashed my car and killed my friends, i urge anyone preparing or handling this substance be very careful!

T+ 0:00 (4:00) accidental dosing
T+ 5:30 (9:30) we leave for the party, mild visual distortions and tiredness set in.
T+ 6:30 (10:30) reaching the peak, i cannot keep my eyes open and ask myfriend to drive, visuals have grown in intensity and eyes are bouncing side to side.
T+ 11:00 (2:00) we return and I am coming down, and decide to sleep.

Reading Tihkal i believe it is safe to assume my dose was somwhere within the 1.5-2.0 mg range. next time i try this chemical I will try to go for a 2.5

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 22895
Published: Apr 14, 2003Views: 21,109
5-MeO-AMT (104) : Preparation / Recipes (30), General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)