Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Total Insanity
DXM
by Mr X
Citation:   Mr X. "Total Insanity: An Experience with DXM (exp2289)". Erowid.org. Mar 1, 2001. erowid.org/exp/2289

480 ml oral DXM (liquid)

Lately I've been hearing a lot about drinking cough syrup for a trip, so I decided to try it for myself. I convinced a friend to try it along with me, and we each took 480 mL in the form of Vicks 44 maximum strength, which contains DXM only.

Well we went for a drive to smoke a joint, not yet feeling anything. But soon after we roached it, I started to get hyper and had almost a drunk feeling. I got to the point where i didnt want to drive anymore, so we went back to his house right around dark. As soon as i got out of the truck the effects kind of hit all at once for us both, and neither one of us went inside for about 2 hours. While outside, i robo walked around the yard, each shoe felt like it wieghed 100 pounds. I jumped up on his sisters trampoline but i couldnt stand on it. I got back down and his sister and her friends pulled in. They wanted to smoke a joint so we went in and lit one up. He ran and puked after that, but I felt pretty good, just totally disoriented and almost insane. One of his sisters friends pointed out that my eyes looked 'like snake eyes', and said they were freaking her out because the pupils were so big.

I had an extremely drunk feeling all night, almost trippy in a way, but still no good visual or auditory hallucinations. I think this drug is worth taking if you like to get as fucked up as possible, but if you want more of a thinking mans trip go with something else, like LSD or DMT. In my opinion, DXM is an easy, inexpensive way to get a good buzz on, and i recommend it to anyone thinking about tryin it.

BTW be careful of your dosage!

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 2289
Published: Mar 1, 2001Views: 20,695
DXM (22) : First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)