Donate $45 and get an Erowid "Schedules" t-shirt as a thank-you gift!
Twilight Dreams
Melatonin & Valerian
by PC
Citation:   PC. "Twilight Dreams: An Experience with Melatonin & Valerian (exp2247)". Erowid.org. Jun 29, 2000. erowid.org/exp/2247

400 mg oral Valerian
  5.0 mg oral Melatonin

Last night I took 400 mg of Valeriana Officinalis, 5 mg of melatonin, and 1 mg of Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B-6) 30 minutes before going to sleep. I had the most INTENSE series of dreams of my entire life! At times it felt as if I was not dreaming and was actually in a twilight-type of sleep where I shifted between sleep and conciousness continously. I could hear the radio and the rain outside my window and those sounds would blend into my dreams.

At one point I actually felt that I stepped (not really floated, but stepped) outside of my body and was able to perceive myself sleeping. I couldn't really see myself, but I *sensed* that I was there. In the morning I dismissed it as my overactive imagination, but throughout the entire day I can't seem to shake the feeling that there was a lot more to this than I'm acknowledging. This was my first time taking valerian. I have taken melatonin before and have noticed that my dreams seem a lot more lucid, but could it be the combination?

2 Responses

Exp Year: ExpID: 2247
Published: Jun 29, 2000Views: 96,561
Valerian (48), Melatonin (94) : Alone (16), Combinations (3), General (1)