More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contributed $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
A Potential Problem
5-MeO-AMT
by Anzo
Citation:   Anzo. "A Potential Problem: An Experience with 5-MeO-AMT (exp22244)". Erowid.org. Jan 21, 2004. erowid.org/exp/22244

5-MeO-AMT

I would like to take the time (after the recent changes to me) to write this report. I'm 18, I've tried many drugs, marijuana, dxm, 5-meo-amt, acid.

The ones I used to do frequently were dxm and 5-meo-amt (not to mention weed).

Recently I have been getting a very strong pressure in my chest. People tell me it's Acid Reflux, every time I burp, every time I drink, eat, breathe, live I will get the pressure building up from the lower part of my chest then it gets higher and higher (with greater pressure).

Note that I'm 18 and have problems with acid reflux. I am throwing this out here just to notify others before taking this drug that they could have long term affects, and that acid reflux is not as happy happy joy joy as those nexium commercials look. IT HURTS A LOT, and when you don't have medicine to fix it, life diminishes, nothing can be concentrated on, after a day of it you feel burnt out.

The reason why I came here to post this is because I wish someone had told me (but hey, thats what u get with research chemicals you DUMBASS)

Just think about the future. I would not recommend taking 5-meo-amt at all after the experiences, overdoses, etc that I've had with it. The only reason why I think the 5-meo-amt could have potentially caused this problem is because it has undocumented long term affects. This also could have 'potentially' been anything, bad physical condition, bad eating habits, smoking weed. Who knows....................?

NO experience is worth a lifetime of physical and mental pain.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 22244
Published: Jan 21, 2004Views: 777
5-MeO-AMT (104) : Not Applicable (38), Post Trip Problems (8), Health Problems (27)