Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Farewell to Feeling
DXM with CPM
by Angelica Seraphina
Citation:   Angelica Seraphina. "Farewell to Feeling: An Experience with DXM with CPM (exp22223)". Erowid.org. Sep 22, 2007. erowid.org/exp/22223

repeated oral DXM

[Erowid Note: Most Coricidin contains CPM (Chlorpheniramine Maleate) which can be dangerous in high doses. See DXM Brand Warnings for more info.]

This is more or less a post to explain how DXM has effected my brain over the course of the 2 and a half years or so I've been using it. Although it feels like its only been a few months.I was one of the huge group of silly types that used Coricidin C&C, and oddly enough I never ran into any problems other then occasional throwing up and sweating. I never passed out, or bleed from my eyes or had to go to the hospital or any of that other horrid stuff that's been reported, and I was taking a LOT, upwards of like 32-64 tablets almost daily.

What negative effects it did have were more along the lines of long term sort of things. I really had what bordered on an addiction to it for a good part of 2001 and was using it every day, or at least 5 times a week or so. And although I never had any major bad experiances during those times,its the past year or so that I've realised how totally brain dead its made me. It's not so much even being 'stupid' as it just feels like I'm never awake any more. Like I can't really feel emotion or relate to anything. Kind of like the walking dead.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 22223
Published: Sep 22, 2007Views: 14,167
DXM (22), Chlorpheniramine Maleate (164) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Post Trip Problems (8), Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)