Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Slipped into a Dream
Hydrocodone
by Lawrence
Citation:   Lawrence. "Slipped into a Dream: An Experience with Hydrocodone (exp22055)". Erowid.org. Mar 14, 2003. erowid.org/exp/22055

6 tablets oral Hydrocodone

I had surgery on my shoulder last year and recieved a large bottle of vicodin. I was very excited at this, for I had always wanted to try vicodin. I had tried vicodin once before, but I only took 2 pills and smoked a large bowl right after the effects started. I finished my bottle of pills pretty fast, except for 6 pills that I saved for a church trip to Disneyland.

I suffer from insomnia. Once I fall asleep, I don't wake up easily, but it takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours to fall asleep. Disneyland was still two months away, so I decided to finish the 6 pills. I swallowed them all at once, and within an hour I was feeling the effects.

What I have learned about pain relievers, such as vicodin and darvocet, is that once they kick in, to get the best effects one should lie down in their bed. I did this, and slowly slipped into a dream. My thoughts were uncontrollable and ran free. I would see whatever I was thinking as if it were a dream. I was trying to think about a girl, hehehe, but within 10 seconds I would be so far off topic that I eventually gave up.

Any sound I heard near me would immediately bring me out of my completely interactive 'day dreams', or if I opened my eyes at any point the dream would be immediately gone and I wouldn't be able to return to it. It was ok though, for a new one would start almost immediately.

Eventually, I fell asleep and had the most detailed dreams. When I woke up the next morning, I was still tired, but I felt really good. If I had enough pills to do vicodin every day I probably would.

On Several occasions I have used vicodin with weed. It increased the high, but I could barely feel the vicodin. One night I took 11 pills of vicodin and a few hits of weed. I had a better high then I normally would have had, but for taking as much as I did I should have been completely out of it. Of course, I was out walking around and not near any place I could relax.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 22055
Published: Mar 14, 2003Views: 35,464
Hydrocodone (111) : Alone (16), Retrospective / Summary (11)