Fuzzy, Dizzy, Happy & Serene
Hydrocodone
by greatvibes
Citation:   greatvibes. "Fuzzy, Dizzy, Happy & Serene: An Experience with Hydrocodone (exp21700)". Erowid.org. Mar 1, 2003. erowid.org/exp/21700

5.0 mg oral Hydrocodone (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:15 15 mg oral Hydrocodone (pill / tablet)

I'm usually not one to use pills recreationally, but having researched safe dosages and known plenty of regular users, I decided to give 'hydros' a try one night.

I decided to start off small and on an empty stomach to give me at least some idea of what to expect. At around 11:00 i took one 5mg hydrocodone tablet orally and proceeded to pluck out some favorite Cat Stevens songs on my guitar. Within 15 minutes I noticed a very slight buzz and maybe a little lapse in coordination. I decided then I was good to go and took 15mg of hydrocodone orally.

Around midnight I started to feel REALLY good. All the worry and tension that usually is with me started to fade away. I felt very fuzzy and dizzy but not at all paranoid or disoriented. But most of all happy and serene. If I had to compare it to something I would say it was close to cannabis when you're a little tired.

My stomach seemed somewhat tight so I ate a little bread and it went away.

I decided I needed some e-company and turned on AIM. One very interesting effect it had on me was making social interraction seem very easy. I talked to people about very meaningful things with no problem at all. Smiling also seemed easier and definitely more genuine. (it sometimes isn't for me) I felt genrally euphoric and VERY relaxed by 12:30. I did however notice that simple tasks seemed difficult and my concentration wandered CONSTANTLY. I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT DRIVE WHILE ON THIS.

Between 12:00 and 2:00 I felt very driven to create something beautiful. I drew, wrote, composed, and asked myself many simple philosophical questions. All the while smiling and content.

BUT therein lies the problem. Nothing in the world around me had changed, but I felt as though it would be completely okay if I just sat there and smiled for the rest of my life. True I enjoyed it VERY much, but afterwards I understood why it is so addictive.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 21700
Published: Mar 1, 2003Views: 58,444
Hydrocodone (111) : Alone (16), Glowing Experiences (4), First Times (2)