Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
I Just Didn't Feel
Phenytoin
by S. Johnson
Citation:   S. Johnson. "I Just Didn't Feel: An Experience with Phenytoin (exp21679)". Erowid.org. Mar 7, 2003. erowid.org/exp/21679

100 mg oral Pharms - Phenytoin (daily)

After a craniotomy for a brain tumor, my neurosurgeon prescribed dilantin to prevent seizures. I had no serious documented side-effects, but I was on the medication for less than 6 mo.

I asked my doctor to wean me off of dilantin because of the effects on my emotions (or lack of). I essentially felt nothing. I couldn't feel happy, I couldn't feel sad. There was no anxiety, joy, fear, contentment, nothing. Sex didn't even feel.
I didn't feel bad. I just didn't feel.
A week or so after being off the drug I was back to normal.
Feeling bad, sad, anxious, etc. is better than feeling nothing.

Exp Year: 1983ExpID: 21679
Published: Mar 7, 2003Views: 9,587
Pharms - Phenytoin (261) : Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)