Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Overly Romanticized
Cocaine
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Overly Romanticized: An Experience with Cocaine (exp21677)". Erowid.org. Feb 23, 2006. erowid.org/exp/21677

3 lines insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

Cocaine had always interested me for the fact that it is always the attention of anything drug related (government, movies, statues, etc). When I had the chance to try some, I decided that it wouldn't hurt if I tried a small amount.

My friend made up small line and I snorted it. Effects were nominal, if at all. Two small lines later, I still had discernable effect. I placed a bit on my gums and the numbing effect was fun, like going to the dentist and getting novocaine.

Ultimately, cocaine is overly romanticized, and my friends who also tried it agree. People make such a big deal about cocaine, but I do not anything remarkable about it. However, I can completely see the addiction potential. The cocaine left such a craving, it made me want to do line after line (which I did not do - 3 lines total).

I noticed no unpleasant effects throughout, but when some cannabis was smoked, the high was intense (perhaps due to quality green). All told, cocaine is interesting, but not worth the money or addiction potential.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 21677
Published: Feb 23, 2006Views: 19,348
Cocaine (13) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)