New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Donate $30 or more and get a piece of displayable blotter art.
These make great inexpensive gifts for the discerning friend.
I Don't Need Speed to Perform a Good Deed
Methamphetamine & Cannabis
by Fun in a Bottle
Citation:   Fun in a Bottle. "I Don't Need Speed to Perform a Good Deed: An Experience with Methamphetamine & Cannabis (exp21614)". Erowid.org. Aug 9, 2018. erowid.org/exp/21614

repeated insufflated Methamphetamine

So apparentley there are those people in the world who just cannot do some certain chemicals. Even though I am not an experienced drug user, I would have considered what this experience on speed was as a 'bad trip'. At the time I did the speed I had been diagnosed 5 years prior with anxiety disorder. I had been on medications, but for aproximatley a year or so I had been off of them. This was because I discovered the best medication, marijuana. I am a pothead, hard core at that. Used to even grow it for a while, but now I just smoke it and sell it.

But one day I happened to aquire some speed, free speed, and being fairly educated about the drug I thought it would be fun to have an experience on it. It was in the summer and mostly everybody was working at the time, so I did it by myself. Sad, I know. I snorted a line of it, not a point, a line, like coke. And man what a nasty, bitter nasal drip. Initially with the onset of the drug I started to get hotter and hotter, my room was a trip-palace and I was the fallen queen with no minions. Slowly as the drug started flowing through my veins my thoughts were getting the better of me. I wanted to dance, to sing, to scream but I couldn't feel anything emotionally and no one was there to hear my useless conversation.

So I had to get out, it was necassary to retain my sanity, but the only people I encountered on my 'journey' were people who only could supply me with the most useless drivel of human communication. I went back home. Did another line. This of course made me stay up most of the night, but what I did in that entire time still remains a constant mystery. It must have been the lack of something to do that drove me over the edge.

My thoughts got to me, thoughts about myself, of the world. Of all the lies around us everywhere. How artificial but simply efficient humanity is, but so imperfect. And myself, I was part of this hated species, hating myself. Of course it wasn't simply the drug that allowed me to come to these radical conclusions. But it was the drug that made me snap.

Over the next few days I used up all the speed and had to smoke weed untill I eventually did pass out. The point to my story, this drug is evil, its everything that is wrong with the world in powder, crystal form.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 21614
Published: Aug 9, 2018Views: 501
Methamphetamine (37) : Multi-Day Experience (13), Hangover / Days After (46), Bad Trips (6), Combinations (3), First Times (2), Alone (16)