Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Possible Serotonin Syndrome?
DXM, Paxil & Cannabis
by Amanda
Citation:   Amanda. "Possible Serotonin Syndrome?: An Experience with DXM, Paxil & Cannabis (exp21447)". Erowid.org. Feb 19, 2003. erowid.org/exp/21447

30 mg oral Pharms - Paroxetine (daily)
  T+ 0:59 300 mg oral DXM (liquid)
  T+ 4:00   smoked Cannabis (plant material)

I have been taking Paxil for about a month. At a sleepover at my best friend's house, my friend and I took a relatively low dose of DXM in the form of Robitussin. It was about eight o'clock at night. later on, at about midnight, we smoked a fairly large quantity of high-grade cannabis (two tobacco-style pipefulls). I hobbled into the other room (i felt like I had taken a much higher dose of DXM, maybe low third plateau). I couldnt see straight. When I got into the other room, I was no longer concious of anything. I stood there, shaking violently, with my arms bent in front of me and my hands in a claw-like position. I was completely rigid, but shaking. It looked as if I was trying to move but I couldnt. My friend pulled me onto the bed but I was still stuck in the same position. My eyes were rolled up in my head and shaking, like in REM sleep. Somehow I slid off the bed (It was just a mattress lying on the floor.) and kicked over a can of soda. I began to relax, still shivering. E

ventually I was completely relaxed, while still twitching every couple of seconds. my friend checked my heartrate and it was slow but very strong. I woke up a minute later with no recollection of anything since I had walked into the room. I was sweating profusely and I kept shaking for the next 24 hours. I suspect this may be serotonin syndrome, but I am not by any means sure of that.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 21447
Published: Feb 19, 2003Views: 21,651
DXM (22), Pharms - Paroxetine (148) : Health Problems (27), Hangover / Days After (46), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)