New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Donate $30 or more and get a piece of displayable blotter art.
These make great inexpensive gifts for the discerning friend.
Disallusioned Disorientation
Amanita muscaria
by Sabrielle
Citation:   Sabrielle. "Disallusioned Disorientation: An Experience with Amanita muscaria (exp21357)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2003. erowid.org/exp/21357

3 caps oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (dried)

I recieved 28grams of Amanita muscaria through the mail and was excited to try the world's oldest entheogen. Around 11:30pm we consumed about 3 medium sized caps each and were eagerly anticipating the effects. Around 30 minutes later there was definitely a change in sensation, objects seemed brighter, surreal, but felt like you were on the prespice of an intense experience.

Unfortunately this was as good as the experience got. My partner started to get red blotches on his face and went to the bathroom to hurl. He appeared to be having an allergic reaction to the mushrooms he threw up 3 times before the night was over and was not at all happy with the effects. I felt somewhat as if I was going to hit a psychadelic state, but that never seemed to occur.

The next morning I felt as if I had a hangover and my head hurt--interaction with people was very difficult and I felt nauseated, it was hard to concentrate on anything. All and all I felt I wasted the money and time on this and it was not what I had expected, I don't think I'll be trying these again.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 21357
Published: Feb 16, 2003Views: 17,911
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2), General (1)