Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Dead Mans Nails
Anadenanthera colubrina
by Amos
Citation:   Amos. "Dead Mans Nails: An Experience with Anadenanthera colubrina (exp20724)". Erowid.org. May 21, 2006. erowid.org/exp/20724

smoked Anadenanthera colubrina (ground / crushed)

I have not touched lsd for 9 years being the age of 25 so I felt those doors needed opening once again. I purchased some peyote plants to grow and make strong to help breed this wonderful magical cactus. Enclosed was these flat brown seeds about 30. Instanly checking online I found and identifed the seeds it was certainly Anadenanthera which confirmed with by site I brought them off! When showing my best buddy these we both agreed they looked like dead mans nails which was very funny!

I had eaten, I was not prepared to have my friend blow these bastards up my nose; as with big respect the southern shamans do when grounded up, so we smoked them. Approching with real caution We grounded them up the best we could just using a razor and into the pipe. My first taste was satisfactory with this harsh plastic like taste and strangly satisfying woody after taste I wouldnt say unpleasant.

Head rush and a relaxed feeling came over me quite quickly. I just wanted a clean feeling on the drug. After two hours I got the best method and was pleased. I found it made me giggly very relaxed and mellow.I retired to my home since I had to work the next day.

I am into Astral Pojection and I suffer some times with sleep paralisis. I wake up to find I've been booted out of my body its very scary. how ever Anadenanthera helped me acheive more of a self projection that night as I tried go to sleep.

I enjoyed the experience perhaps my method of smoking the seeds was not the best but it was intersting. I think I would rather try Salvia Divinorum to once again blow those doors open. until then I will grow my peyote.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 20724
Published: May 21, 2006Views: 14,313
Anadenanthera colubrina (139), OBE (332) : First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)