Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Aiding My Depression
Nefazodone (Serzone) & Alprazolam (Xanax)
by DarkRaven
Citation:   DarkRaven. "Aiding My Depression: An Experience with Nefazodone (Serzone) & Alprazolam (Xanax) (exp20516)". Erowid.org. Mar 9, 2007. erowid.org/exp/20516

2.0 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (daily)
  500 mg oral Piperazines - Nefazodone (daily)

I take 500 mg. Serzone and 2 mg. Xanax for depression and anxiety. I take them both at night. I also drink fairly heavily; at least two drinks a night. I was unable to tolerate the side effects from Wellbutrin, Prozac, Topomax, Effexor, Anafril, Paxil, Buspar or Ativan.

The Serzone does not work as well as it used to and I have put on a lot of weight. I have had to increase the dosage quite a bit since I started. Aside from the weight gain and wishing it worked a bit better, Iíve been happy with it.

The only side effect I have is when I drink more than a drink or two. Then sometimes first thing in the morning I see trails. For example if my arm passes through my field of vision, I see a light trail following it. I also feel pretty out of it and hung-over for an hour or two.

Itís the cream of the crap as far as Iím concerned, since Iíve had either a lot of agitation or total lethargy with other antidepressants. Serzone does not give me any sort of pleasant high, but I donít feel the agitation or lethargy either.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 20516
Published: Mar 9, 2007Views: 15,124
Nefazodone (132), Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Depression (15), Combinations (3), Alone (16)