responses to an online survey from those who have
used a psychedelic while in a romantic relationship.
Couples especially invited to participate.
Boredom Will Be the Death of Me
Tryptophan - 5-HTP & Alcohol
by Ellis Dee
Citation:   Ellis Dee. "Boredom Will Be the Death of Me: An Experience with Tryptophan - 5-HTP & Alcohol (exp20304)". Erowid.org. Apr 16, 2003. erowid.org/exp/20304

600 mg oral Tryptophan - 5-HTP (pill / tablet)
  14 glasses oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

One night I was browsing online because I had nothing better to do and I came across a few reports of people getting a 'mild buzz' off 5-HTP. Well seeing as I had 5-HTP and nothing better to do I decided to take a bunch. I popped 12 50mg capsules and within 45 mins I felt slightly out of it. About an hour and a half after taking them I felt considerably messed up and quickly got bored of this very pukey buzz.

Normally I would have just smoked some pot to feel better but seeing as I didnít have any I decided to jus get realy friggin drunk and try to forget about it......HUGE mistake. Iím a 16 year old kid I have absolutley no tolerance to alchohol, I can get pretty drunk off 5 beers. After beer number 4 I was completely gone, the buzz was a lot different then just drinking without the 5-HTP. After my 7th beer my nausea had completely vanished and I had become 'zombified' for lack of a better word. For some reason I jus couldnít stop drinking. I remember throwing up at one point then I just started drinking again (I donít know what the hell I was thinking). Anyway I woke up in the hospital, my mom was there, she was pretty pissed at me. I havent had a beer since I never again wanna drink. This was by far the most horrible experience of my life.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 20304
Published: Apr 16, 2003Views: 24,512
Tryptophan - 5-HTP (196), Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199) : Combinations (3), Overdose (29), Health Problems (27), Alone (16)