"When historians pick up their pens to write the story of the 21st century, let them say that it was your generation who laid down the heavy burdens of hate at last and that peace finally triumphed over violence, aggression and war. So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide."
-- John Lewis (1940-2020)
A Pre-Trip Trip
2C-T-2
by DevilDoc
Citation:   DevilDoc. "A Pre-Trip Trip: An Experience with 2C-T-2 (exp19928)". Erowid.org. Dec 26, 2002. erowid.org/exp/19928

author logo
30 mg oral 2C-T-2 (capsule)

Tomorrow is going to be my first vacation in years, and I finished packing a little early… so why not indulge a tad, right? I put 30mg of 2C-T-2 in a gelcap, and swallowed the cap at noon. I haven’t had much luck with this substance in the past – although, each time I’ve tried it was from the same 1g I recently acquired from a lab out of the country. I have purchased other chemicals from them before, and have always been very happy with the quality of their products.

T+ :60 - First signs - I get the familiar slight tingling in the back of my head, not completely unlike the feeling I get from DXM at first. This feeling quickly passes, though, and I just get cold (as is usual for me on this substance).

T+ 2:00 - Start noticing slight trails, but conversation is completely normal. I really don’t notice anything at this point other than still being cold.

T+ 3:10 - Now things are getting interesting. I just felt a little rush, which always reminds me of tryptamine rush, but not as intense. With tryptamines I know that “there is more to come” and it sometimes freaks me out. But with this substance I feel OK – like it just wants to let me know it’s there, but nothing else.

T+ 3:33 – White walls have color to them, and this screen seems to be shimmering in a spectacular way. Thought process doesn’t seem affected, but I can feel a definite change of consciousness. Concentration is a little skewed, and I’m having difficulty focusing on my typing.

T+ 5:00 – Spent the last hour and change listening to music and watching TV. Music isn’t really enhanced, and I don’t feel especially drawn into drama on TV. The color shifting and image trails are nice, though. All that’s really noteworthy is the “off kilter” feeling; that feeling of not knowing what is different, but knowing I'm definitely not straight. Having those usual paranoid thoughts of what ifs – what if I never come out of it… how would I go through life like this. Not nearly as pronounced as oral 5-meo-DMT experience (with Syrian Rue), but still there.

T+ 6:30 – Coming down completely – it happens pretty quickly for me on this stuff. The trails are stopping, colors aren’t shimmering, and the mental effects are disappearing.

T+ 7:30 – Down almost completely. Some residual visual changes, but other than that I am almost back to baseline.

T+ 8:00 – Back to baseline, more or less. I do feel a little spacey, but just a tad – this feeling usually lingers for a while after dosing with 2c-t-2 for me. A headache is moving in, as usual. They usually last half a day after for me.

Summary:
Another successful 2c-t-2 trip, but the highest dosage I’ve tried yet. The shift in consciousness was more pronounced, and was accompanied by a little confusion and scatter mindedness at this dosage. 2c-t-2 is not my favorite chemical – its effects don’t impress me much, don’t leave me in a productive state of mind, and it leaves me with a pretty bad headache. As always I am reminded how great weed is, and that I think I’ll stick to it for a while to come. After my vacation it’s back to my dealer :-)

Safe travels, all.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 19928
Published: Dec 26, 2002Views: 15,065
2C-T-2 (53) : Alone (16), General (1)