Rather Eat Psilocybes
Amanita muscaria
by Guru
Citation:   Guru. "Rather Eat Psilocybes: An Experience with Amanita muscaria (exp19611)". Erowid.org. Dec 14, 2003. erowid.org/exp/19611

12 g oral Amanitas - A. muscaria (tea)

I noticed that there's not much info on A muscaria that comes from canada so i had to take the matters into my own hands to see if it was true about A muscaria being poisonous around here.

Last fall i was in my home town which is located in the peace region of BC (north eastern corner) i stumbled accross a beautiful patch of A muscaria, the red caps poped up everywhere in that poplar forest it was such a beautiful site i almost did'nt want to destroy it by picking them, but my curiousity got the better of me. I wandered around as the afternoon sun shon through the trees brightening each cap, i picking only the best ones and left others to respon next year.

I took them home and dryed them in the oven (this method suck) my friend and i each took 12 grams and made a tea. The effects were very mild but there was somthing, also we both felt very ill so we smoked some mj, but we had to smoke alot to take the feeling away. So its not true what they say, our Amanitas are not deadly but i would rater eat Psylocibe. Anyone like me who is interested the best time to pick here in BC is in the middle of september, and rather than drying in the oven i would say the best method is to let the wind do the work, i blame the weakness of the mushroom on the oven drying method. I think someone was full of it when they said that.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 19611
Published: Dec 14, 2003Views: 9,611
Amanitas - A. muscaria (70) : Small Group (2-9) (17), General (1)