I'd Sooner Drink Gasoline
Inhalants: Freon
by Steve Dillinger
Citation:   Steve Dillinger. "I'd Sooner Drink Gasoline: An Experience with Inhalants: Freon (exp1950)". Erowid.org. Jun 19, 2000. erowid.org/exp/1950

inhaled Inhalants (gas)

[Erowid Note: Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe recreational use of volatile solvents, aerosols and other street inhalants : their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage. We have chosen to include these reports to help document the real world use of inhalants, but their inclusion is not intended to imply that they are anything but dangerous.]

I 'heard' in college that inhaling Freon gave a similar buzz to Nitrous. So, I tried it.

For about 2 seconds I had a small buzz. Then my vision became very very distorted. My depth perception went wild. A wall about 5 feet from me seemed like it moved from 2 inches from me to 100 miles from me every second. Then my heart started beating like wild. As I collapsed to the floor I managed to gasp out- 'get an ambulance...' This all lasted about as long as a nitrous balloon would- say 15-20 seconds.

I tell you it scared the shit out of me. I would sooner drink gasoline than do that again.

So, if you ever 'hear' its cool, trust me, its not.

Exp Year: ExpID: 1950
Published: Jun 19, 2000Views: 70,798
Inhalants (29) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Health Problems (27), First Times (2)