Erowid Relies on Donations From Visitors Like You
Happy Relaxed State
Catnip & Tobacco
by Emery Glidden
Citation:   Emery Glidden. "Happy Relaxed State: An Experience with Catnip & Tobacco (exp19428)". Erowid.org. Jan 5, 2008. erowid.org/exp/19428

3 bowls smoked Various (plant material)

I recently got busted with weed and was looking for an alternative high. I found out that catnip mixed with tobacco can give off a pretty decent high, so I tried it. I smoked about 3 or 4 tobacco pipes full (a pretty good amount).

The effects kicked in within the first bowl pack. It's about like the time when I first smoked a cig, I got pretty light-headed. It is a decent feeling. Halfway through smoking I took a break to let my high catch up, and I noticed this was actually pretty similar to a canabis high. Not stoned, but high. A happy relaxed state, where I laugh at everything. I don't reccomend it to anybody with weak lungs, but if you need a decent alternative, this could be interesting. Not as good as weed, but not bad either. What I think happens is that the nicotine effect of tobacco and the mild high of catnip combine to make a decent high. It sort of magnifies the nicotine effect, making it worthwhile.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 19428
Published: Jan 5, 2008Views: 1,135
Catnip (68), Tobacco (47) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)