Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
One Hit
Cannabis
by Agog
Citation:   Agog. "One Hit: An Experience with Cannabis (exp18460)". Erowid.org. Oct 28, 2002. erowid.org/exp/18460

1 hit smoked Cannabis (plant material)

One hit of marijuana. This is my current dose. In the past (6 years ago) I would smoke quite copiously. Now one or two lungs of the stuff is most effective. I have always maintained marijuana is/can be one of the more potent and challenging drugs.

The effects seem to take about 15 minutes to come on and last 2.5-3+ hours, and they are varied: Visually most everything becomes potentially fascinating, thoughts race. At some point in the trip I usually experience vague audio paranoid hallucinations in distant speech. People saying things intimately related to what I am doing, which vanish when I 'tune in' on a snippet of the conversation. Physically I feel my dexterity is mildly impaired, I get thirsty for water, I like to brush my teeth. I may relax, but am often made anxious, akin to the 'butterflies in the stomach'. This spurs me to creative endeavors, exercise, or sex, my favorite three ways of eliminating stress.

This restless motivation is the primary reward for me, and is an effect I believe diminishes with habitual use, though in the past to combat 'stoner burn out' I have found a cocktail of choline, l-glutamine, and cranberry juice (called fiery wine) to be most helpful. I used liquid forms of both from twin labs in teaspoon quantity 1500-2000+ milligrams of each, and cranberry juice to mask the 'unusual' salty sweet tastes. Spiking this drink with ephedra extract gave it a mild amphetamine effect, superior to caffeine.

Marijuana lifts my spirits. It feels like a strong medicine which is relatively benign. I believe it is a true entheogen.

I have written a poem to help with audio schizophrenia.

FOR THE NERVOUS SET

Imaginary audiences,
Behind our backs.
We pay them to much mind.

Sincerely-
Agog

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18460
Published: Oct 28, 2002Views: 24,522
Cannabis (1) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)