Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
I Didn't Know What A Memory Was
Alprazolam (Xanax)
by mal420
Citation:   mal420. "I Didn't Know What A Memory Was: An Experience with Alprazolam (Xanax) (exp18404)". Erowid.org. Oct 24, 2002. erowid.org/exp/18404

oral Pharms - Alprazolam (daily)

My freshman year I started experimenting with Xanax. I never really had a problem with it until the following years. I guess after popping half a bar or sometimes a whole one every once in a while, I decided I needed a stronger method of getting wasted. So the following year, subconsciously I started taking more and more of the drug. I don't know if it was because I was becoming more tolerant, or I was just being dumb. After a few months I was starting to notice that I was taking at least a bar a day during the week, and about 10 during the weekend. I started out buying a couple every once and a while, and by this time I was buying 20-30 every weekend, and would be left be none by Monday (I would get all barred out and hand them out at parties sometimes). I found myself being pissed off all the time when I wasn't pilled out, always trying to scrounge up money to buy them, and being pissed off at my friends all the time because I always thought they were lying to me about what I was doing while I was on them.

So, now I know longer take bars. It sucks but it's for the best. You see, I guess I'm one of those people who doesn't know when they should stop. So if your one of those people, I strongly recommend you be careful. I lost a lot of friends and I didn't even know what a memory was for about a year.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18404
Published: Oct 24, 2002Views: 70,267
Pharms - Alprazolam (98) : Various (28), Addiction & Habituation (10), Health Problems (27)