The Best Drug of All
None
by Gnostikoi
Citation:   Gnostikoi. "The Best Drug of All: An Experience with None (exp18340)". Erowid.org. Oct 21, 2002. erowid.org/exp/18340

Over the past ten years or so, I've experimented with a fairly wide range of substances - cannabis, LSD, methamphetimines, cocaine, mushrooms, DXM, salvia, AMT, and a variety of opiates. Although I've had many eye-opening experiences, and I continue to experiment with these substances, I recognize now that none of them compare to MEDITATION.

A lot of people might think that's a joke. I certainly did. I would have laughed in your face five years ago if you had told me that I could get higher than I'd ever been without even taking anything. But I know now that it's true - meditation can produce incredibly powerful altered states in a matter of seconds, states that last EXACTLY as long as you want them to and that leave you feeling refreshed instead of hung-over. The techniques can take a bit of time to learn, and years to master, but the payoff is well worth it.

This isn't to say that substances are not still valuable - everything has a different lesson to teach. Combining some substances with meditation can take you to places you've never dreamed of. Still, it's good to know that the most powerful experience of all, in my opinion, is the one that we carry with us at all times, in our minds.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18340
Published: Oct 21, 2002Views: 10,567
Meditation (128) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Not Applicable (38)