Second Time Round
Hydrocodone
by Avonroll
Citation:   Avonroll. "Second Time Round: An Experience with Hydrocodone (exp18271)". Erowid.org. May 28, 2020. erowid.org/exp/18271

repeated oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)
  30 mg oral Hydrocodone (pill / tablet)
  200 mg oral Acetaminophen (pill / tablet)

As a 41-year old gay male who has been pretty straight with respect to drugs for my entire life, I have been experimenting with psychoactive substances lately. It's a form of mid-life crisis I suppose.

From some oral surgery about two years ago I had some prescription Hydrocone, which (duh) I only realized was the same as the famous vicodin after reading online. I decided to try it.

On a Sunday evening recently, I took two, and waited 35 minutes, with no reaction. So I took two more. Well, they did kick in, but I had not eaten all day, and I ended up feeling a little nauseated, nothing extreme, but with no real positive effects.

Since I have noticed that it takes two or three times for any drug to have an effect on me, I tried again 5 days later, this time after having had a few scotches (say 3 in the preceding 5 hours -- I really am quite moderate with these things). I took four tabs around 12:50am. At 1:10am, I could feel a buzz, but not much else. The same by 1:50am. Since 3 g of acetominophen was the most I was going to take, I thought 'damn it', opiates (or at least this opiate) won't work for me, and went to bed.

I did not, however, fall asleep. I just kind of lay there with no desire to sleep and no anxiety about not sleeping. Instead, at some undetermined time, I just began to feel very 'nice.' Not euphoric, not ecstatic, but 'nice.' I just sort of 'existed' there for around 4-5 hours feeling nothing but 'nice' -- no cares, pain, or whatever, but also quite aware of my own existence. Unlike with X, where I want music and people, or cocaine where I get chatty, I was just fine to exist. Around about 6 am (I think) I finally fell asleep (although my dreams were about being awake) and woke up (also feeling fine) around 11am.

It was the second time around that did it.

Since I am not interested in becoming habituated to opiates, I probably will not do this again, or at least not for some months, but I will keep the pills around in case I ever feel some need for a solution to comedowns on anything else.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18271
Published: May 28, 2020Views: 617
Hydrocodone (111) : Alone (16), First Times (2), General (1)