Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Useless Leaf
Salvia divinorum (Hawaiian)
by Harpie
Citation:   Harpie. "Useless Leaf: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (Hawaiian) (exp18261)". Erowid.org. Oct 17, 2002. erowid.org/exp/18261

6 bowls smoked Salvia divinorum (dried)

I had heard about Salvia for some time and decided to try it out. One of the websites offered a premium Hawaiian Salvia leaf for a little more than the Mexican, so I thought it would be a good place to start.

I tried the leaf on three successive nights. First night I smoked 4 bowls. Second night 2 bowls. Third night 6 bowls. Every time was the same: an immediate tingle in the head with the first hit and then --- nothing. Just a little giddiness and lots of unfilled promises.

Had I not seen copious reports of effective Salvia experiences here on Erowid, I would conclude that Salvia was nothing more than the fake MJ trash you see in the back of magazines. I did notice one other disappointing trip report with almost eerie similarity: supposedly primo Hawaiian leaf from an Internet seller which does little or nothing. Maybe someone is shipping crappy leaf.

The only real effect is a loss of $18 and a pain in one lung. If I try this stuff again, it will be with another supplier.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18261
Published: Oct 17, 2002Views: 8,858
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)