Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Irregular Heartbeat
Caffeine
by Tuscani
Citation:   Tuscani. "Irregular Heartbeat: An Experience with Caffeine (exp18257)". Erowid.org. Oct 17, 2002. erowid.org/exp/18257

oral Caffeine (daily)

Many people do not consider caffeine to be a drug. I'll admit, it's extremely weak compared to other stimulants. I never used caffeine for a high, but rather I consume it every day in soda, etc.

I do not like the taste of water, and hence never drink it. Instead I consume at least a liter of soda a day (Regular, caffeinated) as well as Coffee, chocolate, and Iced Tea (not the shitty REAL kind, the powdered kind :) )

Anyway, I've been doing this my whole life. I realized I really am addicted to caffeine. I have a permanantly irregular heartbeat which I attribute to all the caffeine.. I haven't ever been sick from it yet, but sometimes my heartbeat will increase VERY fast at a random time.

When I do not consume caffeine I feel very very tired, almost like I have a hangover. When I consume ALOT (more then my normal dose) I get a hyperactive mild-stimulant feeling.

Anyway, I just wanted to share.. I couldn't live without my sweet sweet caffeine!

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18257
Published: Oct 17, 2002Views: 14,751
Caffeine (11) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Various (28)