Take a Survey on the use of Breathwork
for Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, or PTSD
Researchers at Johns Hopkins seek responses to an anonymous survey on breathwork. You can participate whether your breathwork experiences helped or not.
(Must be 18+) Take the Survey!
Twin Peaks
H.B. Woodrose & Nitrous Oxide
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Twin Peaks: An Experience with H.B. Woodrose & Nitrous Oxide (exp18106)". Erowid.org. Oct 11, 2002. erowid.org/exp/18106

T+ 0:00
5 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose
  T+ 0:30 5 seeds oral H.B. Woodrose
  T+ 7:00 1 cart. inhaled Nitrous Oxide


I had just received a package of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds in the mail, and was able to finally try them. I was somewhat concerned about nausea, although I hadn't eaten anything since 7:30PM the night before (I consumed the seeds at 11:30AM).

11:30AM - I didn't scrape off the coating, I just popped 5 seeds into my mouth and started chewing. They were initially pretty tough to chew, and tasted a little bit like peanuts to start with. I chewed them for several minutes, until they had been mashed into a fine paste. They started to taste very bitter, but it wasn't too mad. I swallowed them, and then swished around with some water to make sure I got all the little pieces.

12:00PM - Consumed 5 more seeds in the same manner. I turned on Twelve Monkeys to pass the time until they kicked in.

12:30 to 1:45PM - Watched the movie as waves of mild nausea passed over me. I didn't feel too sick; I didn't puke. Just some uncomfortableness in my stomach and a slight headache. During this timeframe, since it was taking so long, I wondered if I would get anything at all other than nausea.

1:45PM - I start to feel light and happy, almost like that coming up feeling you get before a roll.

1:55PM - I smell marijuana smoke, even though I haven't smoked any. I think this may be caused by the bitter nutty taste of the seeds permeated through my sense of taste and smell.

2:35PM - Interesting visuals; looking at a plain white computer screen, I can see little particles floating around in the air in front of the monitor. They flicker and float, and then disappear.

2:45PM - At this point I began to think about the seeds, and how they are poisonous as a survival technique. I questioned whether if the seeds just make animals sick, so that particular animal doesn't eat it again, or if the seeds actually kill off any animal that tries to eat it, so that there are no more animals around to eat it.

Although I knew that I hadn't taken enough seeds to be poisoned (I'm not even sure what the lethal amount would be), I was still afraid that I would somehow die and I wouldn't be able to tell a certain someone something very important. I wrote down a letter stating my feelings for this person and how I was afraid that because of these seeds, I would never get to see them again. It was very emotional and I was crying very heavily as I wrote out this letter, because I was seriously afraid that I would die. I knew that I wouldn't, but I wrote it down, just in case.

3:15PM - After sitting quietly for the last half hour, I feel safe again. I don't feel like I am dying. Having never consumed these seeds before, I assumed that the emotional peak I had just experienced was the actual peak of the trip. Now I was just seeing mild visuals, such as color patterns on the white wall, or prismatic colors outside the window. I have a few laughs watching the mouse pointer float around on the screen against a white background.

4:00PM - I feel almost back to normal, as if the trip was already over. I was very tired and hungry. I was still feeling mild nausea off and on, but felt that since that trip was almost over, I could handle eating a small something. I ate 3 Ritz crackers and started to feel very nauseaus. I put my AIM conversations on hold and lean back in my chair for several minutes, hoping that the nausea will pass.

4:15PM - As I am sitting there, I start to get very intense closed eye visuals. Everything was very bright, and I pictured a large swatch of blue color being ripped apart by a swatch of red color, as if the universe itself were made of color and was being ripped in half.

4:30PM - The intense fractal patterns when I close my eyes still continue. The closed eye visuals were more of a colorful fractal patterning; there was no mind's eye slideshow or filmstrips of people or places. Just swirls and colorful shapes. I have a very pleasant body energy. It's like everything I feel sends electrical impulses through my skin. Everything I see or touch is shimmering or vibrating very rapidly. My lower lips feels very light and tingly.

At this point I am able to startup my AIM conversations again. I wonder if what I had just experienced was the actual peak of the trip, or if my very emotional thoughts earlier were the peak. If this was the 'real' peak, then I am not sure what the 1st peak was. Perhaps just fear. If the 1st peak was, in fact, the real peak, I wonder if due to my general somber attitude I was actually tripping hard this entire time, I just didn't know it because I am so calm all the time. Perhaps eating those crackers and the resultant nausea took me out of my passive state and made me realize that I was actually tripping.

5:00PM - I venture into the bathroom and have a look in the mirror. The lines and pores under my eyes are moving against each other in rows, like lanes of traffic. My skin is gently swirling and shifting. My lower lip (still tingly) appears to be vibrating in the mirror, and it also grows and shrinks. I can see the lines on my hands and arms and face with amazing clarity; I can see every little piece of (im)perfection.

5:30PM - Back in my captain's chair, my cat jumps up on my lap. Since my chair is leaned all the way back, he tries to walk across my stomach. It seems like my entire body is filled with gel, like those mousepad handrests, and he has trouble walking. I do him a favor and sit up, so he can sit on my lap. His fur is very electric and soft, and it feels amazing to rub my face against his fur. The other cat comes up and they lock their heads into each other's necks and embrace. I pet both of them and it seems like we are all experiencing this together, as if the cats always feel this way and are happy that I am finally able to share their feelings with them.

5:45PM - One of the cats is sitting on the windowsill. His eyes grow bigger and his chin grows smaller, so he looks like the cross between a lion and a precious moments style cat. His fur seems to grow longer and then shorted, and his shoulders seem to hunch up and then go back to normal.

6:30PM - I go back into the bathroom and turn on my magic color-changing light. I turn out the regular light and sit on the floor in the dark, with shades of red, blue, green and purple flashing across all the surfaces. I inhale a bulb of nitrous from a balloon and then my mind kicks into overdrive. My body and mind seem to battle it out between senses and thoughts. Initially I start thinking about sight vs sound, then the body vs the mind, the life vs death, and the something vs nothing aka binary states over the span of a few seconds.

I start thinking that given two states, something and nothing, nothing cannot exist because than that particular state would be something. Therefore, if nothing cannot exist, then something exists after death. If something exists after death (aka Heaven vs Hell), wouldn't it be better to believe in God and go to Heaven, then to believe in nothing and go to Hell (previous to this experience, I was a devout atheist, having very scientific views about everything).

I then felt that if I was to believe in God, I should start to settle down and think about starting a family and living out the rest of my life in a peaceful, non-destructive way. I thought back to the receipient of my 'death letter' that I had written earlier, and decided that I should really try to patch things up with her.

7:30PM - The visuals and energy are dissipating, and I am starting to feel very lethargic. My appetite has returned, and there is little to no nausea, and I eat perhaps 15 more Ritz crackers. They are very salty and buttery, and are perhaps the best crackers I have ever tasted.

8:30PM - Feeling very tired and worn out, I get into bed. I fall asleep easily.

10:30AM (the next day) - I have slept a very long time, but feel very, very refreshed and rejuvenated. I feel very happy and clear as to my future and am very satisfied with what I learned the day before, especially regarding the beginning of my desire to build a relationship with God.

Reading other trip reports, I did not experience the harsh nausea that many other people have. I think that I have very good seeds, because I consumed them a week later after eating only 5 hours previous (as opposed to ~16 hours). So, they are either very good, or very weak. Since this is the only batch of seeds I have had, I do not know if the trip I experienced is weak or not. It was very interesting and fun, and very educational and introspective. I am satisfied with the quality of the trip I received for the quantity of seeds I consumed. It was an amazing adventure.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18106
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Oct 11, 2002Views: 22,256
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
H.B. Woodrose (26), Nitrous Oxide (40) : Alone (16), Glowing Experiences (4), General (1)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults