Wide Awake
Cocaine
by afterhours
Citation:   afterhours. "Wide Awake: An Experience with Cocaine (exp17672)". Erowid.org. Sep 25, 2002. erowid.org/exp/17672

insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

Picture this.....I'm sitting in front of my computer smoking a cigarette and coming down from a night of doing blow. It's 7:30 am now. I started at 10:00 pm the night before. I've been sitting in front of my computer for about 8 hours now. In and out of chat rooms because I wanted to chat with people who had no clue who I am. My shoulders are tense and my nose is runny.

I've been doing blow on and off for about a year now. More often in the last couple of months. The feeling I used to get from it isn't there any more. I've read all the stories on this site. Some of them I can relate to and some of them I can't believe. Everyone has a different experience from it. I'm here to share mine because of the ones I can relate to have opened my eyes.

I've noticed a few changes in myself physically and pyschologically in the past few months. Physically I am tired all the time. My nose is congested or runny which is a pain....I always blame it on alergies when people ask me. Strength wise I am weaker. Pyschologically I am irratable, more alert, less caring, driven and I have little or no patience.

Once I do a few bumps I'm back to normal. I am my old self again. That is the scary part. I don't rely on it but it brings me back. I say I'm not addicted to it but for some reason my mind craves it. I can't wait for the next line. The problem I have now is that the next line doesn't do anything for me. 1 leads to 2 to 3 and so on.....

So for all you people who are in the same boat. Let me say this. This is the beginning of an addiction. You are at a fork in the road. You can choose to continue on the same path or move onto a cleaner path. I'm here now.....I don't know what to do!

Good Luck!

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 17672
Published: Sep 25, 2002Views: 19,065
Cocaine (13) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Health Problems (27), Addiction & Habituation (10), Alone (16)