Bad Trip
DXM (with CPM)
by Nikole M.B.
Citation:   Nikole M.B.. "Bad Trip: An Experience with DXM (with CPM) (exp176)". Erowid.org. Sep 9, 2000. erowid.org/exp/176

[Warning: Coricidin Cough and Cold contains CPM (Chlorpheniramine Maleate) which is dangerous in high doses. See DXM Brand Warnings for more info.]

Well, I've taken Coricidin pills before and everything was good, i didn't have any visuals but it was a really fun and exciting high. that was only from taking 8 or 9 pills. but the other night some friends and i were at a party of a friend and we all took 16 pills. My experience was horrible.

At first i was okay, nothing was too bad, but out of nowhere i had to vomit so i did. i thought i was fine after that, but then like 3 minutes later i had to vomit again and i couldnt stop. i was in this guys bathroom puking my guts out. nasty nasty nasty.

After id puked out all i could, i just layed on the floor of this dudes bathroom tripping out. the guy was nice and gave me blankets and shit so i'd be comfortable but i was still nauseus and felt sick as hell. i stayed laying on his floor for a long ass time, freaking out, seeing shit. i KNEW that i was going to die that night and i was scared. my death was sitting on the floor with me all night, when i say my death i dont mean anything like the grim reaper or some monster, it was just a shadowy figure of myself, it didnt look like me, but i knew somehow that it was me and it was my death.

People tried to get me to leave the bathroom and come join the party, but i didnt want to leave my death because i didnt want it to get mad at me and kill me so i stayed until this kids dad came home and kicked us out. i only left my death at that point because i thought he/she/it had calmed down and wouldnt kill me anymore if i left him/her/it.

People who asked me why i wouldnt leave thought i was insane when i said that if i left it would kill me. and i didnt want to upset my death by telling people about it while it was still not too calm, so they would ask me who was trying to kill me and id just say 'its going to kill me'. i layed there for a long time seeig things and trying to talk, but nothing would come out. it was really strange. and i heard people talking in the other room about me and i screamed 'im in here dont leave!' they came in and were like 'how the fuck did you hear us?' because they were on the total opposite side of the basement whispering so i wouldnt hear them, but through hightened awareness i did. weird shit.

Anyway, a friend of ours drove me my and my two friends to their house (they r sisters) and we stayed in one of their rooms the whole night. i thought they'd gone insane and id gone insane and we'd be locked in the room insane together forever. we just sat there talking and it was crazy. even when we woke up the next morning we were still kind of nuts. this was only yesterday and i still feel kind of nuts. im not tripping anymore, but i still feel weird and spacey a lot of the time.

My suggestion is DO NOT USE CORICIDIN EVER!!!!!! its horrible. i think ill try other forms of dxm but never again will i face my death with Coricidin. Use anything but Coricidin if you'd like to live.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 176
Published: Sep 9, 2000Views: 47,444
DXM (22), Chlorpheniramine Maleate (164) : Large Group (10+) (19), Health Problems (27), Bad Trips (6)