Alternate Reality
DXM
by 6th Dimension
Citation:   6th Dimension. "Alternate Reality: An Experience with DXM (exp1741)". Erowid.org. Aug 26, 2001. erowid.org/exp/1741

500 mg oral DXM

It was around 10:30 on a Friday night and my friends got me to try DXM for my first time. I wasn't too sure if I really wanted to do it after listening to their stories, but in spite of this, I took around 500 mg. I started watching a movie after I took it and I didn't feel anything until the movie was ending. It felt like my body was floating and everything I said was a thought. It wasn't much different than a beer buzz. At that point, I felt like it wasn't going to get much better so I laid down on the couch. My friends put green lightbulbs in every socket because it was supposed to enhance the trip.

I waited forever, then finally it hit me all at once. It was the most alien experience in my life. Every movement I made gave me an incredible rush so I went outside and rolled in the grass. After a couple minutes of that, I felt like I could no longer stand being on my feet so once again I retired to the couch.

When I got back, that's when I realized that time was going by slower than usual. I had only been outside for three minutes but it felt like a good half hour. Everyone else was sleeping so I stayed up with the green lights. I had the feeling like I wasn't awake but I could see everything around me. I stood up to get a watch to see what time it was but only minutes had passed since the last time I checked. When I walked, my body didn't move like I wanted it to. I fell a couple times face first into the floor but didn't feel it. I went to the couch my friend was on and tried to wake him up because I thought I was going crazy and I needed someone to talk to. He looked really strange and he had a third eye between his eyebrows. It scared the shit out of me so I woke him up, but the eye didn't go away. It would blink and look around just like his real eyes. I talked to him and preached about things I never knew existed until that night. He fell asleep during this and I paced back and forth through the room for hours on end, looking at the room I knew so well, but still it seemed like it was in an alternate dimension. I did this until I feel asleep.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 1741
Published: Aug 26, 2001Views: 8,887
DXM (22) : First Times (2), General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)