Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Lesson in Nature
Calamus
by W÷den
Citation:   W÷den. "Lesson in Nature: An Experience with Calamus (exp17113)". Erowid.org. Mar 12, 2007. erowid.org/exp/17113

oral Calamus (leaves)

I was walking through the fields one day in my search for plants containing Tropane alkaloids when I came across some A.calamus at the side of a stream. Since I didn't have anything to dig up the root I decided that if the alkaloid is in the root it must be in the leaves as well. So I chewed this up keeping the chewed mass between my lips and gums for maximum absorption. I could say that an hour later I felt a bit more energetic and maybe a bit light-headed. This lasted for only 1/2 hour. Twelve hours later I could feel the taste of the leaves in my stomach at an intensified effect at about 3:1.I am sure if I did something stupid and ate 5 or 6 grams at this point I would be puking my guts out.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 17113
Published: Mar 12, 2007Views: 11,413
Calamus (106) : General (1), Alone (16)