Gone Bad
5-MeO-AMT
by Negative Creep
Citation:   Negative Creep. "Gone Bad: An Experience with 5-MeO-AMT (exp16817)". Erowid.org. Aug 17, 2002. erowid.org/exp/16817

12 mg insufflated 5-MeO-AMT (powder / crystals)

One of my friends, we'll call him A, recently decided to try some 5meo-amt for the first time. He came to me asking if I knew anything about amt, and I showed him some trip reports on the web. I later found out that A had NEVER tripped before in his life. After showing him many reports, he decided that he wanted to try it, so one Monday evening he insufflates 12mg of 5meo-amt.

Time +:50 - Vomiting begins. A complains of stomach pains, but says he is fine otherwise, reports of strong visual patterns, extreme disembodyment, and small reoccuring seizures.

T +10:00 - Vomitting stops for a brief period, A complains of the lights being too bright (even though i had turned the lights off at his request no more than 2 minutes ago). I ask A what he is feeling, and he simply asked, 'Is this what tripping feels like?'

T +15:00 - A is now finally out of the bathroom. A complains he is not able to stand on his own, complains of being too cold and too hot at the same time. A then says ' There are too many gods today, we need to just decide on one god and keep it simple... everything has to be kept simple' This is the last thing I hear him say that makes any kind of sense.

T +30:00 - A begins to snap out of his trance like state, and is now able to stand on his own, he runs wildly around the apartment, yelling obscenities, punching the walls and trying to hit people who get in his way.

T +45:00 - A is no longer with us anymore.. he is in and out of consciousness, a few of my friends notice that his convulsions are becoming much worse.

T +90:00 - Unresponsive for about 30 minutes. We call his parents and rush him to the nearest hospital. On the way he is convulsing more and more.

Next day...

Doctors tell his family that hes so sedated he probably wont wake up for a few days. They also say that he has suffered so much brain damage he will probably NOT be the same after he wakes up... if he does wake up. This incident happened on 8.12.02, and I'm submitting this on 8.15.02... and as of now hes in the same condition, still asleep and waiting for everything to leave his system.... To those psychonauts out there... be careful with this stuff.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 16817
Published: Aug 17, 2002Views: 25,743
5-MeO-AMT (104) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Second Hand Report (42), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Health Problems (27), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)