Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,376.

Donate by Bitcoin
A Substitute for Ritalin
Ephedra sinica
by Thomas
Citation:   Thomas. "A Substitute for Ritalin: An Experience with Ephedra sinica (exp16766)". Erowid.org. Jan 27, 2004. erowid.org/exp/16766

oral Ephedra sinica

I am suffering from narcolepsia nad have therefore been treated with Ritalin, which is a drug similar to methamphetamin, for 8 years. Approximately four months ago I met a guy who was trained in chinese medicine and he told me that I could maybe substitute the ritalin with a herb called ephedra. I gave it a shot, and found to my surprise that the ephedra worked, and in a much more psychologically comfortable way. Now I am no longer on Ritalin daily, and I only take it in weekends when I'm out partying. I thought that this might be helpful for others suffering from narcolepsia.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 16766
Published: Jan 27, 2004Views: 27,082
Ephedra sinica (243) : Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)