Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Zonked Out
Hydrocodone
by Jud
Citation:   Jud. "Zonked Out: An Experience with Hydrocodone (exp16356)". Erowid.org. Feb 8, 2003. erowid.org/exp/16356

37.5 mg oral Hydrocodone (pill / tablet)

One day, I happened to be rummaging around my pantry for some food, and I found a bunch of pills.

I looked up what they were, and low and behold found out that they were opiates. So, for about three weeks I held on to them, taking 1 or 2 at school about 4 times. Although I liked the feeling that the 1 or 2 pills gave me, I wanted to try a larger dose. So, I decided to take 5 pills one night to see what would happen.

I am not an experienced drug user by any means. Weed maybe a couple times a month, Alchohol maybe once a week or more, DXM twice, and MDMA once.

5 pills of 7.5 Hydrocodone each, taken orally, on an empty stomach.

Warm fuzzy feeling that accompanies opiates. Sense of well being and mild euphoria.

Feeling very tired, beginning to nod off. Warm fuzzy feeling still there.

T+ 01:00 hrs
Completely knocked out. I am slipping in and out, almost a semi-sleeping state. I can still hear and understand people talking, but I am very incapacitated. Unable to speak lucidly or move beyond a slugish crawl.

T+ 03:00 through T+ 04:00
I can move and talk again, although not very well. Feel completely zoned out, with a nice euphoria similar to alcohol, very mild nausea.

T+ 05:00 through T+ 06:00

Effects reduced to a nice buzz, I seem more sociable and happy to my friends.

In conclusion, the experience was not too bad. I liked the euphoric effects and zonked out feeling I got. The 2 hours or so that I was completely dead weren't especially interesting. They slipped by rather quickly actually, and I found myself laughing internally and thinking 'wowwwww...' alot. All in all, a nice experience, but not quite as wonderful as I expected. Perhaps next time I will reduce dosage to 3 or 4 pills at a time and just space them out over a couple of hours in order to produce the nice euphoria and reduced the cracked-out feeling that I got.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 16356
Published: Feb 8, 2003Views: 76,666
Hydrocodone (111) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)