Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
Blacking Out
Dimenhydrinate
by Nate
Citation:   Nate. "Blacking Out: An Experience with Dimenhydrinate (exp15707)". Erowid.org. Dec 2, 2003. erowid.org/exp/15707

1200 mg oral Dimenhydrinate (pill / tablet)

I'd heard from a friend that you'd trip if you took a bunch of Dramamine, so I went out and bought two packages (24 pills). I took 12 pills and then went to a party at 5:00. By 6:00 I wasn't feeling anything, so I took 3 more. At about 6:30, I was acting unusually happy and carefree and took the other 9 pills.

By 7:00 I was still feeling pretty good, and everything was hysterically funny. After I finished laughing for a good 15 minutes I got an extremely disconnected and paranoid feeling, like I was the only one at the party who was real. I tried to stand up, but fell forward instead. My legs wouldn't move again for quite a while and I got unreasonably frightened that I was paralyzed.

There was also an intense itching feeling all over my body. It was hard to talk because my mouth was so dry. That didn't really matter tough, because I'd forget what I was saying after the first few words. Although, I did had half-hour conversation with a bush.

At 10:30 I was strongly convinced that I was going to die, so I left the party. I don't remember how I got home, but I woke up in my bed the next morning wearing the same clothes as the night before, but only one shoe. The other is still missing. My mouth was dry, my stomach was killing me, and my teeth were chattering. Dramamine isn't worth it. If you want to trip, find some acid.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 15707
Published: Dec 2, 2003Views: 15,974
Dimenhydrinate (17) : Hangover / Days After (46), Bad Trips (6), Large Group (10+) (19)