Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
An Unexpected High
Citation:   Anonymous. "An Unexpected High: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp15500)". Nov 8, 2007.

1.67 Tbsp oral Nutmeg (ground / crushed)
Last night, I presented myself with a choice of tripping off of Robotussin or getting high from eating nutmeg. Since I was beginning to have anxiety towards tripping (because my last trip was a traumatizing one), I tried to call up some of my most trusted friend to see if they'd spend time with me to help me relax. Because nobody was home, or plainly unavailable, I decided to choose the path of nutmeg. Around 11pm, I took out a measuring spoon and poured a roughly measured tablespoon of nutmeg and ate it, quickly chasing it with water. I poured some more nutmeg into the spoon, this time stopping somwehere between half and 3/4's of the spoon, and then I did the same with that.

To pass the time and keep my mind off wondering when it will start working, I took a shower and then checked my email. As I was checking my email, my heartrate just about doubled and things had a slight trail behind it (11:45pm or 12am). I turned around and looked at the light behind me. Amazingly, the light was in the center, but there was a ring of blackness that cascaded out and faded into vibrant colors. I then ran to the bathroom to see what I looked like. I was pale, I had dark circles around my eyes. Also, my eyes were heavily bloodshot and seemed to have a crystal coating over it. At times, if I stared long enough, I saw my pupils slowly dilate and then disappear, and then stabilize into the usual slightly dilated position.

Soon after, I'm not too sure how long after it began, I started to dose off. It felt like I was not only falling asleep, but falling away from the rest of reality, in which I did. I had odd dreams. The dreams were trips themselves, and were rather pleasant. I woke up many times that night, or morning, laughing, saying 'hello' as if I answered the phone, or saying things that were random and disturbing. I then realized that the beeping noise that I heard for quite some time was my alarm clock. I had to be at work early (out of all the Saturdays, too).

I woke up, permanently, feeling sober, and rather rested. I was rather satisfied with what the nutmeg did. So I went upstairs, and had a cup of coffee, and then went to work. I don't know what happened, but on the way to work, I felt like I was beginning to float out of my car. I tried to grab the steering wheel tightly, but I couldn't feel it. I was driving at 40mph, and I felt g-force pushing me into the seat. I have a system in my car, and it suddenly became unbearably loud. [Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!] I was truely fucked up. There was no possible way I'd be able to pass off working and act sober at the same time. I took one last look in the mirror, and it was horrible. Just two bright red slits for eyes, and two black holes in the middle of it all for pupils. I didn't think I'd be able to make it.

Just my luck, I was on an express register, and there was a radiothon going on in front of the register, and the day was an unusually busy day. Working with customers who ask questions, test patience, fuck around with coupons, and ask questions like 'What was that supposed to mean, are you on drugs?', while being yelled at by co-workers, managers, and other customers who have been talking to me for about 20 minutes even though I swear that I had no idea that they were there, and having a live radio broadcast begin to overtake my attention span and get louder and louder until it is the only thing that I can hear and think of. Working in these conditions made my high very uncomfortable. It just seemed to get worse and worse, it was completely unexpected, and I was beginning to wonder if I should have somebody bring me to the hospital. I thought I committed suicide and death was mocking me.

After long, never ending hours at work, the high pretty much crashed down and left me with a terrible headache, ringing ears, exhaustion, cotton mouth, tremors, and a general drone, more so than the usual one I have, in my head. This occurred about 9/10's through my shift. I also had a grad party to go to afterwards. It was just the circumstances I guess.

All in all, nutmeg is a fun drug to take. I enjoyed it, despite the fact that the last 6 hours (the time spent at work) were a nightmare. That wasn't my first time doing nutmeg, I have done it a few times before. The high is incredible, almost to the point where I'm too high to move, and can come unexpected, sometimes at the wrong times.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 15500
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Nov 8, 2007Views: 12,765
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
Nutmeg (41) : General (1), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), Various (28)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults