Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Not Very Tranquilizing
Haloperidol (Haldol)
by FlowGnome
Citation:   FlowGnome. "Not Very Tranquilizing: An Experience with Haloperidol (Haldol) (exp15417)". Erowid.org. Feb 20, 2004. erowid.org/exp/15417

Author Home Page
1.0 mg oral Pharms - Haloperidol (pill / tablet)

This experience was undertaken because I have fairly bad insomnia from time to time, and was out of Kava-Kava capsules, which normally put me out fairly fast and allow nice, normal sleep. I was unable to sleep one night, and remembered that my roommate had a prescription for Haldol that he didn't take anymore, and had said I could have one if I ever had problems sleeping, so, down the hatch.

I was more or less expecting to be knocked out and asleep in 15 minutes or so, as he had warned me that I would not be able to stay awake on it. This wasn't true at all. I was awake for the next 2 hours maybe, still trying to sleep, but with a strange feeling of rubbery skin, and some pleasant muscle relaxation. Mentally I seemed fairly unaffected by it. When I finally did fall asleep, I slept for about my normal duration and with my usual lack of remembered dreams, and woke up feeling perfectly normal the next day. Odd for a drug that has a half life somewhere around 72 hours. I can't really see how this would have sedated me if I took it in the middle of the day at all.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 15417
Published: Feb 20, 2004Views: 24,299
Pharms - Haloperidol (308) : General (1), Alone (16)