Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
I Play It Safe
Alcohol - Beer
by Iowa Punker
Citation:   Iowa Punker. "I Play It Safe: An Experience with Alcohol - Beer (exp14204)". Erowid.org. Dec 27, 2006. erowid.org/exp/14204

oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine (liquid)

Alcohol is by far my substance of choice. But I don't really like being drunk. I drink to relax and to be social. I do drink quite frequently, so to the average person I'd appear to be an alcoholic, which I'm not. I just really, really, love beer. I usually drink to the point where I feel relaxed, slightly tipsy, more talkative, and warm-feeling. This usually occurs after about four or five 'lite' beers. Regular or Ice beer just gets me too drunk. I prefer not to drink it.

Being really drunk is almost like being delirious to me. I slur every word, I say or do things you may later regret, my balance is fucked, and sometimes I make an ass out of myself.

But if I am at a party and the alcohol is flowing heavily, I know I may end up drinking more than I planned. When I go to parties, I drink all night long and into the next morning without even feeling wasted or spilling my drink on the floor, with no hangover whatsoever. Here's how:

1. Pace myself, because an alcohol buzz can really creep up on me, especially drinks made with hard liquor.

2. When I reach the point of feeling pleasantly intoxicated (warm, happy, sociable, relaxed), I stop drinking. This is the best part of an alcohol buzz. If I must sip on something (which I do) I usually fill my beer bottle with water. I always drink out of brown bottles so no one ever sees me do it.

3.Water is extremely beneficial to an alcohol drinker. Alcohol can seriously dehydrate me, therefore it is necessary to stay hydrated. Also, as mentioned above, it speeds the elimination process so I don't end up getting real stupid-drunk. So between my drinks, I take a few gulps of water. And before bed, drink at least two 12-oz. glasses.

Some people like that sloppy drunk feeling. Not me. I do love beer more than anything in the world, but to me, being really drunk kinda sucks.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 14204
Published: Dec 27, 2006Views: 6,573
Alcohol - Beer/Wine (199) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Club / Bar (25)