Ghostly!
Scopolamine
by Oompaloompa
Citation:   Oompaloompa. "Ghostly!: An Experience with Scopolamine (exp14031)". Erowid.org. May 1, 2002. erowid.org/exp/14031

10 ml oral Scopolamine (liquid)
    oral Pharms - Lorazepam

This happened quite a while ago when i was in a hospital, i had been admitted because of error, but got to try scopolamine. BTW I had not eaten food for 6 hours, my stomache felt empty preceeding the intake of scopolamine. I was also on a prescription Benzodiazepam at the time (Ativan), but i don't think it affected the following experience as i had taken the Benzo that morning.

T+0:00 - Liquid scopolamine of 5-15 ml, [wasn't looking at how much i was given, but it tasted like cherries, so yummie] I go to lay down and try to sleep.

T+0:05 - Nausea begins to form.

T+0:10 - Nausea becomes increasingly unbareable, it feels as though someone or something is grabbing my stomache and it does not feel good.

T+0:15 - Nausea has transcended into an extremely unpleasant feeling, (it feels as though someone is trying to tear my stomache apart) I toss and turn because it hurts so much, and i start to feel as though a dream-like haze has come over me.

T+0:25 - I am sitting on my bed next to a curtain which has flowers all over it; This curtain starts to flutter a bit as though it is windy out, but there is no window open.

T+0:30 - I feel weird, looking to and fro everything starts to look somewhat blurry and dreamy.

T+0:35 - I look at the curtain and i see a face where there should be a flower. I look away and then quickly look back and see 2 faces, then 3, 5, and so on. By now it looks as though these children I am seeing are spirits. The spirits look just like the ones off of the haunting (that movie where the rooms are distorted so that they look as though there are ghosts).

T+0:40 - The spirits start calling my name in whispers.

T+0:?? - I fall asleep, or lose cosciousness shortly after.

All in all, this experience was very interesting, very hard on the stomache, but not scary like some substances may seem to some people (acid for example).

Exp Year: 1999ExpID: 14031
Published: May 1, 2002Views: 31,972
Scopolamine (134) : Hospital (36), Entities / Beings (37), General (1)