Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Negatives Outweigh the Positives
Leonotis leonorus
by Pokey
Citation:   Pokey. "Negatives Outweigh the Positives: An Experience with Leonotis leonorus (exp13810)". Erowid.org. Apr 8, 2002. erowid.org/exp/13810

2 joints/cigs smoked Leonotis leonurus (plant material)
  T+ 0:40   oral Leonotis leonurus (tea)

I received a package of Lion's Tail from a local herbalist and was keen to try its effects. The package contained mainly dried plant matter and a few small flower pieces. I loosely packed two joints of Lion's Tail and sat on my balcony alone and gave them a smoke.

The smoke was not particularly pleasant and left a horrible taste in my mouth.

T+20. I'm feeling a very slight relaxitive effect. Mainly seemed associated with muscle. I'm sitting inside on my couch and the muscles in my neck feel slightly limp and it's more comfortable to rest them on the back of the couch. (Sometimes I get a heavier feeling of this if I smoke a large amount of Pot)

T+35 I'm watching TV, feeling a little lazy and unmotivated. There is a slight pressure on the front of my face, making my face feel heavy. Feeling still very mild. At this point I noticed the material smelt a lot like tea, so I decided to make some tea from the leaves.

T+40 After letting the leaves sit in some boiling water I attempt to drink the tea of the leaves. The tea is very bitter and unpleasant, I can only get through a few mouthfuls before i decide to abandon the idea.

T+2 hours Effects no longer noticeable.

Conclusions:
I was smoking mainly leaf material and not a lot of flower material. Flower material is supposed to give stronger effects. For me the effects didn't seem to be that pronouced or very strong. Due to the unpleasant taste of the smoke and tea I would not continue use of this plant. The negatives outweigh the positives.

Other notes:

I found mixing Lion's Tail with pot quite acceptable. An excellent mixing alternative to tobacco.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 13810
Published: Apr 8, 2002Views: 45,876
Leonotis leonurus (119) : Alone (16), General (1)