Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
Pushing My Luck
Cocaine & Drug Testing
by Swerv
Citation:   Swerv. "Pushing My Luck: An Experience with Cocaine & Drug Testing (exp13259)". Erowid.org. Dec 18, 2007. erowid.org/exp/13259

1.0 g   Cocaine

I have been taking 'the stuff' off and on for about 6 years. Following the directions and always allowing myself at least a 24hr. grace period to allow my system to flush out. I am throughly aware of detection times and will plan to give myself adequate time to pass a drug screen. On a whim I decided to do some cocaine during a particularly debaucherous holiday in my city. It seemed fitting at the moment. With 72 hours before the drug test I would simply drink alot of water and use 'the Stuff on the morning of the test.

A week later I was informed that I had failed the drug test. The test actually came back negative for all of the nida 5 substances but had a 'high negative' for cocaine, which means legally that it was negative but high enough to prove use. There had been no cocaine in my system previous to this test so the high negative was enough to warrant action.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 13259
Published: Dec 18, 2007Views: 1,852
Cocaine (13), Drug Testing (59) : General (1), Not Applicable (38)