Erowid provides information about psychoactive drugs to
educate, reduce harms, and support policy improvements.
It's No MDMA
5-MeO-DIPT
by amherst
Citation:   amherst. "It's No MDMA: An Experience with 5-MeO-DIPT (exp13132)". Erowid.org. Apr 12, 2002. erowid.org/exp/13132

12 mg oral 5-MeO-DiPT (powder / crystals)

This was my first experience with this substance.

It is not - I repeat, NOT - an MDMA replacement. It's been named well ('foxy')... it's all the physical bits of MDMA with *none* of the emotional bits. It did not open my heart. It did not help me share with loved ones. It did not give me insight or heal pain or in any way change my thinking.

The trouble is, it *feels* like MDMA, and thus I spent a great deal of time not appreciating what it *was* doing... at first waiting for the 'good part' to kick in, and later concentrating on my disappointment over what it wasn't -- often bursting into fits of exasperated laughter, caught in a Catch-22 of 'you know, if only this was MDMA, I'd be lucid and expressive and could explain to [my gf] why this isn't any good'.

5-MeO-DIPT suffused my body with light and energy -- and STOPS just short of my head... which it doesn't touch at all. Remarkable. Disappointing.

As a short-term physical aphrodisiac, it's excellent (though with a heavier body load than I'd like - though perhaps that was just my annoyance highlighting the come-down that I normally would tolerate with pleasure after a sucessful MDMA experience).

As a tool for healing, sharing, giving... useless.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 13132
Published: Apr 12, 2002Views: 8,069
5-MeO-DiPT (57) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)