Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Be Prepared My Friend
Amphetamine (Adderall)
by Oscargod
Citation:   Oscargod. "Be Prepared My Friend: An Experience with Amphetamine (Adderall) (exp13106)". Erowid.org. Jun 25, 2002. erowid.org/exp/13106

20 mg oral Amphetamines (daily)

Ladies and gentlemen, I was diagnosed as having ADD when I was in my sophomore year. I had trouble staying awake in class and getting my assignments done on time. It was fucking hell, because I knew I could do the work, but I just didn't you know? Finally, my psychiatrist gave me a prescription of 20 milligrams of Adderall a day in order to shape up, and it worked!

When the dosage worked less, they upped it to 40 mgs a day. I was in heaven!!!! Music sounded better, drawing felt better, movies were more exciting, everything! Of course, the crash that came after each rise was disheartening.

The long term effects that I had experienced were repeated chewings of the inside of my mouth, fatigue, lack of appetite (I lost a ton of weight without noticing it), back aches, and overall withdrawal from people. Soon, I got fed up with it and decided that I would stop taking it everyday, and I must admit the first day of withdrawwal is a whore. But I soon found that the withdrawal phase was not that bad, and I could easily avoid taking any pills whatsoever.

Unless you are prepared for the circumstances at hand, I would suggest you steer clear of our Orange little friend. But if you have a strong will and a clear head, than Adderall can be one very satisfying experience.
Peace out!

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 13106
Published: Jun 25, 2002Views: 46,439
Amphetamines (6) : Alone (16), Health Benefits (32), Retrospective / Summary (11)