Distance and Infinity
Salvia divinorum (10x extract)
by Kermit
Citation:   Kermit. "Distance and Infinity: An Experience with Salvia divinorum (10x extract) (exp12674)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2021. erowid.org/exp/12674

2 hits smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 10x)

BODY WEIGHT: 14 st

Itís about 10 PM, Iím in the sitting room, stretched out on the couch. My legs are resting on my girlfriendís knees. My good friend M. is on another couch beside me and is proffering a small pipe filled with salvia. Iím rested, relaxed and ready to try something different. Both M and myself have been reading voraciously about the effects so Iím reasonably prepared (I think). The instructions are simple, take a deep toke on the pipe whilst lighting it and hold for as long as possible. I comply and repeat with a second deeper inhalation. As I pass the pipe back to M. he starts to disappear, my vision and focus seem to retreat towards my eyes, the last image of reality I see is the shaky outline of the pipe. I donít feel any fear or dread but I am gone.

Itís like nothing Iíve ever experienced but then again I am not there. Someone or something else is having this experience. Itís not good or bad, at best I am close to an epic life affirming religious moment, at worst Iím a mere atom in a speck of dirt up some earthworms arse. The really weird thing is, Iím both at once. The intensity and absolute complex perfection of this other place doesnít seem to upset me. My two friends recall that I never moved during this time, I definitely didnít hear the frog comment. No description can put meaning to the journey taken. Iím left with vivid images of intelligence explored, distances crossed and breathtaking infinity. Human intelligence doesnít get a look in. What unearthly world exists within a mind? Is this real? As soon as I ask the question I sense that I am returning.

Gradually and with no discernible jolt, reality cloaks me once more. M. and D. come into focus. This is the most memorable part of the trip. I see my friends and myself as part of a massive mathematical equation stretching forever. Yet we are mere ink dots in the corner of one number in this equation.There was a calm serenity about me for the next hour or so. Later that night, sex was exotic, complex and very fulfilling (for me anyway). I felt a delightful calm with no hangover or noticeable affects for the next day. Work went well and Iím left with no particular urge to repeat the experience.

Kermit

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 12674
Published: Feb 16, 2021Views: 209
Salvia divinorum (44) : General (1), First Times (2), Glowing Experiences (4), Mystical Experiences (9), Small Group (2-9) (17)