Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
On a Weird Plane
Nutmeg
by Gunner
Citation:   Gunner. "On a Weird Plane: An Experience with Nutmeg (exp12584)". Erowid.org. Feb 16, 2021. erowid.org/exp/12584

13 seeds oral Nutmeg

I used whole, fresh nutmegs, available at the larger grocery store not a mile off of campus. I brought my items home, and proceeded to puree 3 seeds, place the puree in simmering water, and cooking for 1 hour. The taste is pretty vile, but I put a lot of honey in it, it's somewhat palatable. I ate the mush left over. For some reason, maybe it digests in the gut, I don't know. I ate the mush. Just like getting a shot the shits the next day were goddamn foul, wicked, loose AND full of chunks.

The trip itself, though, was interesting. I got bored with my 'tea', and so soaked the 10 remaining nuts in hot water for an hour. This time, I just chewed each nut, one by one, and washed it down with a big glass of H2O. Within 2 hours, I was on a weird plane like nothing I'd ever been on before. It was intense, hallucinations were present, both auditory ('Heard somebody call my name') and visual (Wow, look at that black blob hovering 6 inches from the lamp). Paranoia was high in this case since I was being forced to a dinner with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and their kids. I was sure that every word that came out was gibberish, but my mom said I was a little more outspoken that I usually am... Whatever.

Nutmeg. Good trip. I'd do it again if I had 2 days to recuperate.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 12584
Published: Feb 16, 2021Views: 312
Nutmeg (41) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Families (41), Glowing Experiences (4), First Times (2), General (1)