Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Please Don't Take It Away!
Amphetamines (Adderall)
by Jesus's ADD boy
Citation:   Jesus's ADD boy. "Please Don't Take It Away!: An Experience with Amphetamines (Adderall) (exp12329)". Erowid.org. Jan 13, 2005. erowid.org/exp/12329

20 mg oral Amphetamines (daily)

I am 23 years old and ADD, Been all my life. Just never had taken a prescription for it. I started to see a shrink a couple of years ago. He thought I was depressed, tried every Depression drug on this earth. But nothing worked. He just prescribed and kicked me out the door. So I decided to try a different shrink. This one told me I was 100% ADD. I told this one that I knew I was, and have been. But nobody ever listened. So she prescribed me Adderall. 5 mg a day for the first week. All I have to say is Awesome. Works like a charm. I could think better. Get everything I needed done. Then she bumped me up to 10mg. Thats when I start to feel like my world has come together. Everything is going in the Right direction. She stated if I needed to bump it up ago, just let her know. So I started taking 20mg a day. Ever since this. I feel like a complete person.

On to the effects. At first it was very focused, alive. Speedy effects like meth. I guess this is why I did meth in my days and liked it. Cause it made my brain straight.

The drug does wonders. I have no side effects except headaches from staying awake after coming down off of it. Like after I have been drinking and stay awake and the headache comes on. Just like that.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 12329
Published: Jan 13, 2005Views: 18,964
Amphetamines (6) : Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)