New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $30 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Mild but Something
Catnip & Tobacco
by Taylor
Citation:   Taylor. "Mild but Something: An Experience with Catnip & Tobacco (exp12208)". Erowid.org. Apr 14, 2006. erowid.org/exp/12208

smoked Catnip
    smoked Tobacco

I am 14 years old. I use pot everyweek-end, and have tried most other drugs. I have heard about catnip being used as a mild intoxicant. I couldn't find much else about it, such as experience reports, so I decided to find out for myself. I went to the petstore and asked where the catnip was. The lady showed me and I selected a 1/2 ounce bag of Four Paws Super Catnip Leaves and Blossoms. It looked surprisingly similar to shake weed. It was green and had an exotic cigarette smell. I was very intrigued.

Anyway, the price was amazingly low. $2.44 for this 1/2 ounce bag. It was a great deal. I purchased it and showed it to my friends. They were intrigued also but declined to try it. So I planned to try it the next morning by myself. I plucked out a few grams and placed it on a piece of paper. I then broke up and poured out the contents of a Marlboro Light cigarrette on the same piece of paper. It was 2 parts catnip to 1 part tobacco. (Twice as much catnip) I rolled 3 fairly large joints and proceeded to smoke. I smoked 2 of the joints, and then I had to stop as my throat was getting irritated. The smoke however was aromatic and pleasant tasting. It tasted like a Camel Jade. I put the last joint back in the bag.

I felt mildly intoxicated, with some zoning out and a little strange walking. There wasn't any euphoria that I could tell. The feeling lasted about an hour and was strange but not at all overwhelming. the rest of the day I was tired. It wasn't unpleasant however, and I plan to do it again later with some marijuana. I suspect it will enhance the pot high somehwhat. Well anyway I have tons left over. I think I shall give some to my cat. :) It's supposed to make my cat happy and playful. That's what the box it came in says.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 12208
Published: Apr 14, 2006Views: 16,475
Catnip (68), Tobacco (47) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)